Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Green Light Means GO

This is a personal favorite. I take ownership of the lack of social grace and ignorance in the driving rules, as well as the slight senselessness, should I say (I’m trying to avoid using the word stupid here, ok?). So, I’ll cut to the chase. I come from humble beginnings in the Philippines but from a very loving family, so I really didn’t have the luxury of owning a car or even driving one, thus, I didn’t have to deal with traffic rules, right? Before I came to the land of the free, I took some driving lessons. That’s well and good. I even got myself an International Driver’s license which means that when I get to the US, I only have to take the written exam but won’t have to go through the road test. Finally, I got my first US driver’s license and was excited to drive around the interstate with plenty of questions to our US guide who was so glad (and patient) to show us around. Then we came to a full stop at a red traffic light, with me on the wheel on the first row situated on the middle lane on a four-lane road. And then I asked: “When the lights turn green, who gets to go first?”



4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny. thanks for making my day

Teresa Magat said...

Thanks, Sidney. I'm glad you had a good laugh. I hesitated on posting this for a moment but what the heck, this is what this blog is all about! Take care.

Anonymous said...

LOL funny - What did your guide say? I am interested
Michele

Teresa Magat said...

I can't quite remember his exact reply but his expression said it all! Sort of, "What are you talking about?" OR "Are you kidding?". Thanks for visiting my blog.